AMD 785G chipset with ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
AMD today announced the AMD 785G chipset. Designed to be at the core of the ultimate mainstream PC for Windows 7, it features ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics technology for vibrant colors and life-like visuals, stunning DirectX 10.1 gaming, and multi-core processing for a seamless experience on Windows 7-capable systems.
Strong Windows 7 pre-order sales shows consumers are looking to change their existing PC experience. When combined with AMD Athlon II processors, the resulting platform delivers an cellent Windows 7 experience that is ideal for HD entertainment, gaming and managing a digital lifestyle.
PC platforms with the new AMD 785G chipset strike an excellent balance between performance, features and stability to help consumers fully take advantage of what Windows 7 can offer. This platform includes the following features:
· DirectX 10.1 support for the latest games
· UVD2 for accelerated, GPU-enabled, decoding
· First AMD chipset with ATI Stream technology for amazingly fast video
transcoding and application performance
· Advanced technology to keep your PC running cool and quiet
· Latest support for HDMI 1.3 and DisplayPort
· SidePort Memory support for DDR3/DDR2 performance cache
· Hard disk performance improvements with RAID support
· Broad partner availability