Af nye ting kan nævnes at der nu er åbnet adgang til Battlegrounds! De hedder Alterac Vallay og Warsong Gulch og er specielle PvP-områder hvor man får PvP Honour.
Warsong Gulch kan findes i det nordlige Barrens nær Mor'Shan Rampart (Horde Zone) syd for Silverwing Outpost i
Ashenvale (Alliance Zone). Alterac Valley findes øst for
Sofera's Naze i Alterac (Horde Zone) og i the Headlands i Alterac (Alliance Zone).
I Battlegrounds findes som noget nyt en slags "Capture The Flag" system, hvor man erobrer gravpladser til genopståelse og punkter i bygninger, hvorfra så NPC'er der hjælper til i kampen på ens side, de spawner fra, efterhånden, som man arbejder sig frem og indtager territoriet :)
Happy Grinding! ;)
Her er hele patchinfoteksten:
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07)
The Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley battlegrounds are now available.
The Warsong Gulch entrances may be found in the northern Barrens near
the Mor'Shan Rampart (Horde) and south of Silverwing Outpost in
Ashenvale (Alliance). The Alterac Valley entrances may be found east
of Sofera's Naze in Alterac (Horde), and in the Headlands of Alterac
- Wands - The Shoot Wand ability is now a toggle. While active, it will
continue attacking with the equipped wand until some other action is
taken (movement, spellcasting, item use, etc...).
- Pet speed has been increased when out of combat and following their
- Berserking (Troll Racial) - Updated tooltip to clarify ability only
usable following a melee critical.
- Hardiness (Orc Racial) - Fixed a bug that caused many abilities to
ignore the additional resistance.
- It should no longer be possible to disarm traps created by friendly
- Honor system
Dishonorable kills - gained by killing a trivial Civilian NPC - now
has a negative impact on a player's honor. Enough dishonorable kills
will reduce a player's rank all the way to zero.
Players may now see an "estimated contribution point value" in the
combat log for an honorable kill. Note that this value does not
take diminishing returns against the same player into account, and
is therefore "estimated".
"Team Contribution Points" has been renamed to "Honor"
Added tooltips to the different elements of the Honor System UI.
Players will see their last week's kill data in the "Last Week"
section of the Honor System UI even if they did not achieve the 25
honorable kills required to gain standing or rank.
Fixed a bug where the PvP trinket rewards were not always removing
the effects they were designed to remove (e.g. Polymorph, Fear,
- Sitting characters will now stand up immediately after an attack,
even if stunned.
- Players can no longer swap inventory gear while dueling.
- Dueling is now allowed within Everlook.
- The Hunter Epic quest has had some of its Demonic Corrupters retuned.
It should also be noted that Hunters that attempt to bypass the
single player portion of the encounter by using another class to do
their tasks will fail the quest in a most glorious fashion.
- Tranquilizing Shot - Is now properly affected by Efficiency and Hawk
- Unleashed Fury - Fixed a bug where the damage increase was lower than
stated in the tooltip. It should now increase damage by the listed
- Growl - Rank 1 effect improved.
- Volley - Damage increased.
- Pet speed has been increased when out of combat and following their
- Spirit Guides in Battlegrounds will now summon/resurrect your current
pet when the Hunter is resurrected.
- Unstabling dead pets no longer puts players into a degenerate state
where their pet only partially exists. Unstabled dead pets can now be
properly revived, and players can no longer train more pets than
their stable can hold.
- Fixed a bug where magic shots were missing too frequently when used
on a target with Blessing of Protection active.
- Mage Armor - Now has a new, unique icon.
- Fixed a bug where a Hunter's magic shots were missing too frequently
when used on a target with Blessing of Protection active.
- Inner Fire - Now stacks with other effects that increase attack power
- Holy Nova - Cooldown decreased.
- Feedback - Casting a higher rank of the spell will now replace an
existing, lower level effect.
- Unbreakable Will - Fixed a bug that caused many abilities to ignore
the additional resistance.
- Riposte - Fixed a bug where the ability was not usable against a
disarmed or unarmed target.
- Vanish - Should be a lot more responsive when used to avoid incoming
- Fixed a bug where Fire Nova, Flametongue, Stoneclaw and Windfury
Totems had incorrect level caps when cast by higher level shaman.
All totems should now be summoned at the level of the caster.
- Flametongue Totem - Tooltip updated to clarify that only the
main-hand weapon is enchanted.
- Windfury Totem - Tooltip updated to clarify that only the main-hand
weapon is enchanted.
- Fire Resistance Totem - New icon.
- Frost Resistance Totem - New icon.
- Grounding Totem - Fixed a bug that allowed some area of effect spells
to be "grounded" and/or destroy the totem.
- Improved Drain Mana - Damage caused is now considered Shadow damage
and is no longer reduced by armor.
- Improved Voidwalker - Now increases all Voidwalker spells (now also
including Sacrifice) by 10/20/30%.
- Improved Succubus - Now increases Succubus spells by 10/20/30%.
- Master Summoner - In addition to decreasing casting time of summoning
the Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus and Felhunter, it now reduces mana cost
- Improved Enslave Demon - In addition to reducing the attack speed and
casting speed penalty of enslaved demons, it now reduces the resist
chance of Enslave Demon by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Demonic Sacrifice - Is now instant cast.
- Improved Firestone - Now also improves the bonus Fire spell damage of
Firestones by 15/30%.
- Inferno - The summoned Infernal will now be enslaved for 5 minutes
before turning on its summoner.
- Drain Mana - Targets with no mana will no longer be valid for Drain
Mana (Rank 4), making it consistent with all other ranks of the spell.
- Improved Drain Mana - Damage caused by this talent is now improved by
the Shadow Mastery talent.
- Conflagrate - Range increased.
- Siphon Life - Is now instant cast, damage increased.
- Paranoia - No longer causes threat when cast.
- War Stomp (Doomguard) - Now has a maximum of 5 targets.
- Pet speed has been increased when out of combat and following their
- Honorable kills will now generate a Soul Shard when Drain Soul and
Shadowburn are used.
- Spirit Guides in Battlegrounds will now resurrect your last Imp,
Voidwalker, Succubus or Felhunter. If the Doomguard or Infernal were
the last active pet or the previous pet was killed before the Warlock,
an Imp will be summoned.
- Improved Curse of Agony - Fixed a bug where Curse of Agony (rank 1)
was not improved by the talent. The talent will now work properly
with all ranks of Curse of Agony.
- Overpower - Fixed a bug where the ability was sometimes blocked.
- Improved Cleave - Now increases damage bonus by 40/80/120%.
- Blood Craze - Talent design changed. It now regenerates 1/2/3% of
the warrior's total health over 6 seconds after being the victim of a
- New Fury Talent: Dual Wield Specialization - Increases damage with
the off-hand weapon by 5/10/15/20/25%. Note: the additional damage
also increases rage generation significantly.
- Iron Will - Fixed a bug that caused many abilities to ignore the
- Enrage - Increased the number of charges to 12. Decreased the
duration to 12 seconds. The new duration is the limiting factor for
slower weapons (e.g. Arcanite Reaper will typically get one less
swing), while dual wielding and faster weapons will make better use
of all of the charges over the duration of the ability.
- Concussion Blow - Changed to an instant, stunning attack and removed
the damage portion.
- Shield Specialization - In addition to increasing % chance to block,
it now gives the warrior a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to generate 1 rage
on a successful block.
- The following item sets have had their statistics, effects, and set
- Arcanist, Netherwind, Prophecy, Transcendence, Felheart, Nemesis,
Cenarion, Stormrage, Nightslayer, Bloodfang, Giantstalker,
Dragonstalker, Earthfury, Ten Storms, Might, Wrath, Lawbringer, and
- Mature Blue Dragon Sinew and The Eye of Shadow can both now drop off
appropriate level demonic and blue dragonkin monsters. It should be
noted that both Lord Kazzak and Azuregos will guarantee a drop of the
aforementioned items but to get the items from the lesser creatures
will be a much rarer occurrence.
- Essence of Eranikus now has a poison cloud graphic around it when
- Murloc Scale Belt and Breastplate recipes now are white items instead
of green since they are vendor bought.
- Gryphon Mail Gauntlets now have a proper inventory icon.
- Ogre Toothpick Shooter now uses the proper attack animation.
- Distracting Dagger now sheathes properly.
- Mountain Giants in Feralas now drop loot more appropriate to their
- The Druid of the Claw quest in Teldrassil will now provide a weapon
choice more appropriate for low level Night Elves.
- The Dreadmist set now has a bonus for wearing all 8 pieces of the set.
- Cutthroat's Loincloth name changed to Cutthroat's Pants.
- Ritual Kilt name changed to Ritual Leggings.
- Felstriker effect's name changed to Felstriker to reflect the
previously patched item name change.
- Ogre Pocket Knife, Peacemaker, and Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient
Keepers now sheathe properly.
- Dragonbreath Chili's effect visual fixed.
- The Oblivion's Touch wand properly shoots now.
- Deepstrider Tumors are now a 100% drop off Deepstrider sea giants
- New art has been added for Nightslayer, Lawbringer, and
Beaststalker's item sets.
- The Arcanist Crown has updated art.
- New Engineering firework recipe added.
- Added leatherworking recipe for mid level blue bracers.
- Dragonbreath Chili proc rate has been reduced.
- Restorative Elixir name changed to Resorative Potion with potion
cooldown timer. Functionality has been changed so it should be more
effective as it now dispels one harmful effect every 5 seconds for
- Two new transporter recipes have been added, with one for gnomish and
one for goblin engineers. Gnomish engineers can get their recipe
from Gadgetzan, Goblin engineers from Everlook.
- Tribal Leatherworkers who have restarted their profession are now
able to relearn the various Wild Leather patterns if they've already
completed the quests prior to restarting the profession. Speak with
Pratt McGrubben (Alliance) or Jangdor Swiftstrider (Horde) in Feralas
to relearn what you once knew!
- Small Throrium Veins now sometimes will have Emeralds or Diamonds.
- Engineering Vendors now sell Blacksmith's Hammers.
- Both types of the engineer made Jumper Cables now share a cooldown.
It was never intended to allow a player to use jumper cables XL and
jumper cables within the same period of time.
- Solid Dynamite was inadvertently broken in the 1.4 patch to require
harder materials than it should. This has been fixed.
- Wicked Leather Bracers Plan is no longer bind on acquire.
- Jumper Cables no longer have a chance to break when they fail.
- Elemental Flux added to blacksmith vendors.
Raids & Dungeons
- Molten Core
Firesworns that are moved too far away from Garr will now become
quite enraged until they move closer to Garr.
The eruptions from the lava in Ragnaros's Lair will now always
happen while Ragnaros is in combat. However, these lava eruptions
occur less frequently, do less damage, and the damage they inflict
is now resistable.
The maximum range of the Wrath of Ragnaros spell has been increased.
- Additional new raid items have been added to the treasure lists for
Azuregos, Lord Kazzak, and bosses in Molten Core.
- Onyxia - Fixed a bug that was causing Onyxia's Tail sweep to no
longer cause knockback.
- Searing Gorge has a new quest hub for both Alliance and Horde players
called Thorium Point. The supported level ranges are 45-52. Craftsmen
will be happy to know that the Thorium Brotherhood has opened up many
new opportunities to gain favor amongst their clan (even for level
- The Hinterlands has a new Horde quest hub known as Revantusk Village,
located on the eastern coastline. Horde players level 44-52 are
encouraged to visit Revantusk Village and assist the Revantusk with
their myriad problems and tasks!
- All members of both the Horde and Alliance are reporting low
stockpiles of various textile resources! Donations of cloth are now
being accepted in the following locations: Darnassus, Stormwind, and
Ironforge for the Alliance; Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff
for the Horde. Seek out an official Cloth Quartermaster for more
- Several quests have been added to Feralas for level 45-52 characters.
- Krueg Skullsplitter has moved from Thousand Needles to a more
appropriate location at Camp Mojache in Feralas.
- Highlord Demitrian is back! For those players unraveling the
mysteries of Thunderaan, you may once more speak with the Highlord.
- Dwarven Priests may now undertake the Molten Core discovery quest;
"Attunement to the Core." By fixing this bug, we had to open the
quest to all players once more. If you have already done the quest,
you will not be required to do it again in order to access the Molten
Core via the portal.
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon should no longer despawn when "The Great
Masquerade" is activated.
- Characters on the "A Strange Historian" quest are now correctly
prompted to find Chromie in the northwest corner of Andorhal, where
she and the ruined inn have been moved to.
- The Gordok Courtyard Key and the Gordok Inner Door Key are now zone
bound items. These items only exist within the Dire Maul zone
instance, and players will lose these keys from their inventory if
they leave the zone.
- Everyone's favorite Alliance quest, "Deep Ocean, Vast Sea" now gives
a substantial coin reward in addition to the choice of item.
- Rage Scar Yetis in Feralas no longer give the quest item for the
"Mark of Quality" quest.
- Completing the "Mark of Quality" quest now gives Darnassus and
Thunder Bluff faction increase where appropriate.
- Merideth Carlson should only hand out her free horse feed now to
people who have already completed the quest for it.
- The "Unfinished Gordok Business" quest has been fixed to allow
certain Human Priests access to it who had difficulty previously.
- Sea Elementals and Sea Sprays in Feralas should now be giving out
the proper version of Oglethorpe's distress beacon.
- The end of the Paladin Epic Mount quest "Grimand's Finest Work" now
makes it clearer that Lord Shadowbreaker's acquisition of the
Arcanite Barding is only temporary.
- Jeziba in the Ruins of Andorhal now faces the correct direction when
pointing to his Catalogue of the Wayward.
- Fraggar Thundermantle now correctly tells you to return to him, and
not his evil, two-eyed twin, Frobe Thundermantle when completing the
Skull Rock Clean-up quest.
- The Branch of Cenarius no longer drops off of Prince Raze. It now
properly only drops off of Geltharis for the quest, The Branch of
- Failed quests will now indicate (Failed) in the quest log so it is
easier to see them.
- Typos fixed in the Paladin Epic Mount quests.
- Innkeepers around the world now have a gossip option that lets you
join a meeting stone directly from the innkeeper rather than going to
the location of the meeting stone. Also these Innkeepers will now
have background lore about each of the dungeons.
- Levels Required for meeting stones have been increased. The intent is
that a group will not receive party members from a meeting stone that
don't really have a chance of completing the dungeon.
- Meeting Stones have had their rules for what players are grouped with
what other players relaxed. This means groups who use meeting stones
(or innkeepers) should have their groups formed much more quickly
than they were previously.
- Pets of other party members will now display in the party UI. You can
see pet health and harmful effects on the pet. You can turn this
functionality on and off in the Interface Options menu.
- Players can now target other players in a raid by clicking on their
name in the raid window. Additional Raid UI improvements coming soon.
- Added visual effects for healing power and spell power enchantments.
- Your main action bar now displays the number of the bar that you are
- In Master Looter mode, items are no longer opened up for looting by
all party members after the round-robin looter closes their loot
window. The Loot Master always distributes items over the loot
- Rolling on items while charmed/hexed/etc. now works, as does /random
and receiving items from the master looter.
- When a player dies in an instance and then uses the spirit healer,
the body in the instance now turns to bones.
- Players can no longer mail or auction an item that they've just
- When a ghost player is resurrected into an instance that has become
full, they no longer come to life wherever their ghost happens to be
standing. Instead, they get ported to the closest graveyard.
- Players must now bind a bind-on-equip bag to put in into a purchased
bank bag slot.
- Items split from stacks can now be dropped directly into (or onto)
bank bags without any mysterious error messages.
- Added a "Maximize" windowed video option which will maximize the game
window and remove the borders for a fullscreen experience which
allows popup windows.
- Trying to use a hearthstone, consumable, etc. while logging out now
displays a more appropriate message: "Another action is in progress."
- The login interface files are now checked to make sure they haven't
been tampered with or corrupted. This is to improve account security
in public game rooms.
- Added the function TargetNearestPartyMember() to the UI scripting
- The Thorium Brotherhood faction is now peaceful - players cannot go
to war with them.
- The Wildhammer Clan in the Hinterlands is now a peaceful faction to
the Alliance, meaning Alliance players cannot intentionally declare
war on them.
- A new graveyard has been added near the east coast of the Hinterlands
at the Overlook Cliffs.
- The two Hinterlands graveyards are now using a system that will
ensure that the spirits of dead characters go to the closest
- Buliwyf Stonehand, the dwarven weapon master in Ironforge, now
properly tells you about the weapons that Woo Ping can train you in,
instead of talking about himself. He does like going on about his
own martial prowess.
- Krinkle Goodsteel of Gadgetzan submitted a complaint to the local
Repairer's Union and has had his ability to repair durability
- Brave Wildrunner of Bloodhoof Village in Mulgore no longer patrols
through the kodo mounts.
- Added new load screens for Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, Uldaman,
Razorfen Downs, and Zul Farrak.
- Discovering Valor's Rest now also pops the Southwind Village puzzle
piece on the Silithus area map.
- Many of the Swift Mounts have gained eye glows and some have had
other tweaks made to them to improve their looks.
- Additional mithril nodes have been added in Un'Goro crater
- Genavie Callow in Undercity is now properly on the Undercity faction.
- The Grow effect that Bom'bay in Sen'jin Village would sometimes cast
on characters was reduced from 100% to 50% growth.
- The Lazy Peons in The Valley of Trials now make a wood chopping sound
when they are hacking at the trees.
- The Dark Summoners of the Eastern Plaguelands have finally fully
materialized and are no longer ghostly in appearance.
- In Silverpine Forest on Fenris Island, moved a Rot Hide Plague
Weaver's spawn point from inside a tree.
- Neeka Bloodscar of Kargath no longer speaks as if she is in the
- New Horde Flight Paths
Valormok in Azshara - Bloodvenom Post in Felwood
Kargath in Badlands - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge
Flame Crest in Burning Steppes - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge
Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad - Revantusk Village in Hinterlands
Undercity - Revantusk Village in Hinterlands
- New Alliance Flight Paths
Ironforge - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge
Morgan's Vigil in the Burning Steppes - Thorium Point in Searing
- The flight path from Undercity to Kargath no longer clips into the
ground just south of Dalaran.
- Fixed bug causing all tailoring recipes to show up as "orange"
Del med dine venner