Synology today announced the official release of DiskStation Manager 4.0 (DSM 4.0). In just 50 days, the DSM 4.0 beta program hit a new record in excess of 90,000 downloads, achieving an average of one download per minute. Synology appreciated enthusiastic beta participants for their valuable feedback in contribution to a better NAS server experience.
“DSM 4.0 marks a significant milestone for Synology, representing its efforts to provide users with best-of-breed technologies, an easy approach to master their own clouds and productive business solutions with no additional cost,” said Rosiel Lee, product manager of Synology Inc. DSM 4.0 offers:
- Easy-to-use cloud services – Cloud Station offers users a simple and auto way to keep their files in sync, including the change history for data recovery. QuickConnect allows users to sync without the hassle of port forwarding. Unlike licensed cloud services, Cloud Station can grow with users’ demands and there is no recurring fee. In addition, DSM 4.0 pushes event triggered notifications via Microsoft Windows Live Messenger®, Skype™ and DS finder, assuring effortless system monitoring.
- Robust business features – Users can now add a DiskStation to a VLAN environment, flexibly creating segmented networks on the same physical wire. A DiskStation can also work as a DHCP server to distribute IP addresses to different devices. DSM 4.0 supports iSCSI LUN backup, which features point-in-time technology, incremental backup and space reclaim to create instantaneous copies and optimise task efficiency. Synology’s complete VPN support allows for a cost-effective private network to securely share information across multiple locations. What’s more, Windows® ACL settings can be edited quickly on the intuitive interface of DSM.
- Smart management – DSM 4.0 provides a more efficient approach to software installation and upgrade by turning applications, such as Photo Station and Download Station, into packages that can be added in need. Integrated with HTML5 and CSS 2D Transforms, Pilot View and Instant Preview helps users easily switch between applications. Desktop widgets display a variety of system resources to simplify server management.
- Powerful surveillance solutions – Surveillance Station now supports over 1,000 IP cameras and streams surveillance footages faster. In addition, users can deploy a single fisheye camera to cover all the angles without blind spot. Live-view Analytics carries out real-time analysis on multiple channels to keep them alert with critical events.
- Enriched mobile support – Synology takes the lead to support Amazon® Kindle Fire and bring DS finder to Windows Phone 7. DS photo+ and DS file are also available for Android® tablets. More mobile users can carry terabytes of data stored in their DiskStation on-the-go.
Del med dine venner