The new ROG MARS II picks up where previous graphics card powerhouses from ASUS ROG left off, and continues the legacy of the finest hardware for hardcore gamers. The limited-edition card is built on twin NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580 GPUs and a mammoth 3GB of GDDR5 video memory, with a proprietary ROG design that combines extreme cooling and extensive tuning facilities that cater to the most demanding power user. It also offers colossal pixel-pushing output that is unmatched by any graphics card.
The super-powered ROG MARS II reaches new peaks of performance — it runs 22% faster than a reference GeForce® GTX 590 and offers tremendous potential. Its launch comes at a very opportune time for dedicated PC gamers, since it will be followed by the arrival this fall of several high-profile games that promise genuine next generation graphics with next generation hardware. The ROG MARS II has so much power it will be able to easily run all native DirectX® 11 games in resolutions higher than 1080p and detail settings at their maximum levels. Its twin GeForce® GTX 580 cores and 3GB of superfast GDDR5 video memory translate into the superlative performance that gamers are always seeking, representing a new benchmark in graphics dominance.
In addition to the trademark red-on-black ROG color scheme, the ROG MARS II has twin 120mm fans that move up to 600% more air than the reference GeForce® GTX 590 design, yet still remain quiet even under stress. ASUS DirectCU II technology means the GPU is cooled directly with all-copper pipes and a heatsink base, resulting in 20% lower temperatures. ASUS has also incorporated a Turbo Fan button on the card itself, allowing users to instantly switch the fans to 100% speed, regardless of driver settings. This feature proves very useful in overclocking situations where heat is a factor, as does the solid aluminum shroud that conducts heat away much more efficiently than the materials used in generic graphics cards.
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580 GPUs with 512 CUDA cores each and 3GB GDDR5 video memory for 22% faster than reference performance
- Laser-carved aluminum plate identifies each card individually as a limited-edition item
- Twin 120mm fans for up to 600% greater air flow
- DirectCU II all-copper thermal design — 20% cooler than reference
- GPU Tweak interface opens up extensive overclocking and tuning possibilities
- Turbo Fan button instantly activates 100% fan speed
- Solid aluminum shroud improves heat dissipation
- Extra stable 21-phase Super Alloy Power architecture for incredible overclocking headroom — 15% performance boost, 2.5 times longer lifespan and 35°C cooler operation
- Custom PCI-E anti-shock sustainer keeps the card securely in place at all times
Del med dine venner