At Embedded Systems Conference today, AMD announced two new complete platforms for the embedded market, the compact ASB2 platform and the high-performance AM3 platform, that offer myriad combinations of power and performance with up to 74 percent improvement in performance-per-watt over previous generations.* AMD’s new flexible embedded platforms consist of chipset and graphics solutions along with high-performance CPUs as low as 8W TDP for the ideal solution based on application requirements. System designers focusing on their next-generation products can see immediate benefits commonly associated with industry-standard x86 processors, including streamlined design and development, a large software ecosystem, and fast time-to-market.
“The barriers to widespread adoption of x86 in the broad embedded market have traditionally been a combination of power, price and the physical footprint of the silicon,” said Buddy Broeker, director, Embedded Solutions Division, AMD. “AMD’s embedded solutions have been steadily driving down those barriers while adding enterprise-class performance and features that may not have been readily available to designers in the past. Our commitment to the embedded market grows stronger as we look to a future introduction of AMD Fusion™ technology products into the embedded space.”
Embedded industry leaders support the benefits of AMD’s approach to x86 and complete platform solutions in the market. Read what customers iBASE and Quixant have to say about AMD Embedded Solutions.
New Platform Features
· Faster memory with support for 2 channels DDR3
· Improved I/O for high-throughput and real-time applications with available HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology
· ECC for high-reliability applications like SMB/SOHO storage systems
· Multiple CPU options that offer wide choice of performance and power
o Power envelopes in 8, 12, 15, 25, 45, and 65 watts TDP
o Single-, dual- and quad-core
o Up to 2.8 GHz
· AMD 785E chipset with support for PCI Express® 2.0
· New ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 graphics with DirectX® 10.1, full 1080p display resolution support, HDMI, and power-savings capability with options to support multiple displays
· Socket AM3 package, compatible with socket AM2 when using DDR2 memory for increased design flexibility and scalability
· Lidless BGA package offers low-cost to manufacture, high reliability, and low z-height for small form factors and fan-less designs
Del med dine venner