AMD today introduced its lineup of next-generation DirectX 11-capable ATI Mobility Radeon™ Premium graphics, including ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5870 graphics, the highest performance graphics for notebooks in the world. The entire family of DirectX 11-capable graphics consists of ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5800, ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5700, ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5600 and ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5400 series graphics. This top-to-bottom family of Direct 11-capable notebook graphics introduces compelling new features including ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology, bringing powerful visual gaming and computing innovation to the notebook PC. Notebooks featuring the new graphics technology are previewed at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in the VISION Experience Center, located in the Grand Lobby (GL-8 and GL-10) of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“Six months ago AMD claimed the title of undisputed technology leader in desktop graphics, and now we also offer powerful mobile graphics processors for notebooks to go with our market leadership in that segment,” said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Products Group, AMD. “Once again, AMD changes the game both in terms of performance and experience. AMD innovations now give notebook users full DirectX 11 support, eye-opening ATI Eyefinity technology, superb HD multimedia capabilities, and ATI Stream technology designed to help optimize Windows® 7 notebook performance.”
The next-generation family of DirectX 11-capable ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series graphics represents a powerful upgrade for OEMs to existing and upcoming 2009 AMD Mainstream and 2nd Generation Ultrathin notebook platforms, as well as next-generation “Danube” mainstream and “Nile” ultrathin notebook platforms scheduled to launch in the first half of 2010. These graphics innovations are designed to let you:
Accelerate your mobile performance:
· The DirectX 11-capable ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series graphics lineup is the first and only notebook graphics technology to support DirectCompute 11, allowing users to take full advantage of Windows 7, the first compute-capable operating system.
· Enjoy new features, functionality and improved performance in top media, entertainment and productivity applications made possible by ATI Stream technology.
· ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 series (and higher) graphics fully support both DirectX 11 and OpenCL™, enabling broad application acceleration support today and tomorrow.
Maximize your mobile lifestyle
· ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology enables super high resolution panoramic computing for notebooks, allowing mobile users to seamlessly harness up to six monitors for improved gaming, productivity, and entertainment.
· Enjoy enhanced multimedia capabilities through Unified Video Decoder 2 technology, for upscaling beyond 1080p and dual 1080p decoding of Blu-ray video and HD streams.5
· Benefit from state-of-the-art home theatre entertainment technologies including HDMI 1.3a Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™, and advanced display quality from HDMI 1.3a Deep Color & x.v.Color for a theater-class entertainment experience.
Dominate your games with DirectX 11:
· Enjoy intense gaming performance, unrivalled visual quality, and an overall superior HD gaming experience on HD-capable monitors with DirectX 11 (as compared to DirectX® 10.1).
· Realize the ultimate in game compatibility, as the DirectX 11 API was developed on AMD graphics hardware and all initial DirectX 11 games were developed or continue to be developed on AMD’s DirectX 11-capable hardware.
· More than 20 DirectX 11 games are currently in development, with gamers already enjoying the incredible DirectX 11 experience offered by titles such as EA Phenomic’s BattleForge™, GSC Gameworld’s S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat™, and Codemasters’ Colin McRae™: DiRT® 2™.
· The next-generation DirectX 11-capable family of ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series graphics is two generations ahead of DirectX® 10.0 support found in competing mobile graphics solutions.
Exceptional Power Efficiency:
· Benefit from four times the performance-per-watt efficiency over the last two generations of ATI Mobility Radeon Premium graphics thanks to improved processor design and a new 40nm process
· Experience dramatically lower idle power, saving battery power when the graphics processor isn’t needed
· Next-generation Vari-Bright™ technology used for optimizing notebook display brightness delivers up to 50 percent power savings over the previous generation’s software based approach
· Platform independent graphics switching technology helps to save power while offering efficient switching options
· GDDR5 Advanced Memory Support delivers double the memory bandwidth over previous generation AMD discrete graphics
Del med dine venner