With next-generation HD graphics technology and multi-tasking processing power, the 2009 AMD Mainstream Notebook Platform transforms today’s notebook PC into a personal HD entertainment system for rich, vivid HD video and photos, Blu-ray playback, support for amazing lifelike DirectX 10.1 3D games, and blazing fast video transcoding.
The new platform also provides superior performance on popular entertainment applications that consumers use to enjoy, share and create photos, videos and music. Notebooks based on the 2009 AMD Mainstream Platform enable the ultimate high-definition computing experience—all designed for mobility with a platform that has been shown to provide more than one hour of additional battery life than the 2008 Mainstream Platform.
For consumers who want full-featured PC performance in a highly-mobile notebook, the Second Generation AMD Ultrathin Platform for notebooks is designed to deliver superior HD entertainment and highly responsive, balanced multi-tasking performance in a surprisingly small, light and affordable ultrathin notebooks. Notebooks based on the Second Generation AMD Ultrathin Platform have demonstrated over one hour of additional battery life than that of notebooks based on the First Generation AMD Ultrathin Platform for notebooks.
Details on the 2009 AMD Mainstream Notebook Platform:
• The 2009 AMD Mainstream Notebook Platform enables up to 42% better performance than the 2008 AMD Mainstream Notebook Platform when using entertainment applications such as Windows® Expression® Encoder, Quicktime and Apple iTunes. 2
• With the ATI™ Stream Accelerated Plug-in for Sony® Movie Studio 9 Platinum, the 2009 AMD Mainstream Platform converts video up to 75% faster than the competition.
• Taking full advantage of the superior GPU power of the 2009 Mainstream Notebook Platform, the SimHD™ Plug-in for ArcSoft’s TotalMedia Theatre™, utilizes ATI™ Stream to deliver a near-HD viewing experience when watching standard definition content.
• The 2009 AMD Mainstream Notebook Platform demonstrates an active battery life of nearly two hours (1 hour, 55 minutes) and a resting battery life nearly five hours (4 hours, 55 minutes).
• Notebooks featuring the 2009 AMD Mainstream Notebook Platform became available on Sept. 2, 2009 in certain Asian countries; broad global availability of more than 50 platform designs are scheduled to coincide with the forthcoming release of the Microsoft Windows® 7 Operating System.
Details on the Second Generation AMD Ultrathin Platform:
• The Second Generation AMD Ultrathin Platform for notebooks visibly outperforms the competition’s ultrathin platform on popular entertainment applications such as Windows® MovieMaker (up to 43%), productivity applications (up to 17%) and gaming or 3-D applications (up to 77%).
• With a superior HD visual experience and balanced dual-core performance, the Second Generation AMD Ultrathin Platform for notebooks demonstrated an active battery life of nearly two and a half hours (2 hours, 26 minutes) and a resting battery life of over five and a half hours (5 hours, 34 minutes).
• Ultrathin notebooks based on the Second Generation AMD Notebook Platform are now shipping from Acer and Asus with broader availability of more than 20 platform designs scheduled to launch before or with the launch of the Windows® 7 operating system.
Del med dine venner