· WHQL certification sets a high bar for quality and reliability, and is considered
essential by many home and business users.
· WHQL certification demonstrates AMD’s ability to deliver the stability,
incredible 3D game performance and smooth multimedia playback needed in
order to help bring the new features of Windows 7 to life.
· As a testament to its ongoing commitment to reliability and stability, AMD is
the only graphics hardware company in the world delivering monthly WHQL-
certified graphics driver updates.
For users of ATI Radeon™ HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 series products, the ATI Catalyst™ software suite delivers:
· Industry-leading driver stability and reliability.
· Full WDDM 1.1 WHQL certified support under Windows 7.
· Scheduled performance and new feature innovation every month.
· Enablement of ATI Stream technology for general purpose GPU (GPGPU)
computing on supported graphics cards.
“By delivering a WHQL certified driver for the Windows 7 operating system at the earliest possible opportunity, AMD has once again demonstrated its driver leadership,” said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice president, Software Engineering, AMD. “AMD is working closely with Microsoft to ensure superior performance and a reliable Windows 7 experience throughout our line of graphics processors.”
Microsoft WHQL certified graphics drivers for Windows 7 are scheduled for release on AMD.com on May 5, 2009, and a fully unified WHQL-certified driver supporting Windows Vista and Windows 7 is planned for the release of ATI Catalyst™ 9.5 later in May.
Del med dine venner