TDC ADSL - only TDC-Hardware?

• Hej :)

Since my danish is still very poor, I hope it's ok I'm triyn' to explain my problem in english.
    I know, my english ist also far from being good ;) So please have compassion :)

Long story short... We have DSL from TDC and overall it's really ok, much faster than I had in Germany.
    But the router - oh boy! Either TDC told Sagemcom to slim down to the most essential functions, or it's crap anyway. Sorry for my choice of words.
    Therefore I took a router from Germany (exactly an "Astoria Networks" , model unknown. In this case called "Vodafone EasyBox 802")http://www.arcor-user-forum.de/vodafone-easybox-802-a-1301/. But it does not connect. I'm not that bad in such things, but I can't figure out, why it's not working. I can't even find a username I have to enter in the router. And confessed, I'n not even shure if I had to enter one in the TDC-Box. At least I can't find an input field in the configuration of the TDC Box. What I noticed while reading several instrucion manuals for TDC is, they always say the router is configured by the "TDC Central Management System" or something like that.

So is it even possible to use another hardware than the one TDC sent me?

At the end at least one try of a danish sentence:

På forhånd tak!!! :$ (hope it's correct...)

• u can't use another router than what TDC gives you.

bcs it needs the right information from TDC to work, and since they don't support or Astoria Networks / Vodafone DSL router/modem it's not possible.

but if u had like a modem that was the connector it should be possible for u to actually use ur router.

• It is possible, but you need to put in the correct VPI/VCI information which is 0/101.
    But it's not sure you can make the changes yourself as most ISP gets custom made firmware
    where most of the settings is hidden. But if you could provide a screenshot of the dsl settings
    it would be much easier to help you out with what settings needs to be set as VPI/VCI isn't all
    that needs to be set right.

• It is possible, but you need to put in the correct VPI/VCI information which is 0/101.
    But it's not sure you can make the changes yourself as most ISP gets custom made firmware
    where most of the settings is hidden. But if you could provide a screenshot of the dsl settings
    it would be much easier to help you out with what settings needs to be set as VPI/VCI isn't all

It is possible, but you need to put in the correct VPI/VCI information which is 0/101.

sorry for hijacking your name isnt quite used to the new forum :)

• Thanks a lot for your answers!!! :)
    So if I could enter the VPI/VCI manually, I can also use my onw router, right?
    Even if the one from Vodafone will not offer this option (I didn't check this so far), I could buy another one.
    But what's about the dial-up username ond/or password?

• Thanks a lot for your answers!!! :)
    So if I could enter the VPI/VCI manually, I can also use my onw router, right?
    Even if the one from Vodafone will not offer this option (I didn't check this so far), I could buy another one.
    But what's about the dial-up username ond/or password?

there is no username/password on TDC DSL lines - its based on Ethernet and not PPPoE (like dialup).
    So you can connect any equipment to it if you want. The ADSL modem just have to be able to connect to Ericsson DSLAMs that TDC use.

There are two ways you can connect your own equipment.

1. Connect a TDC DSL modem (all depends on you connection, since they are running ADSL, ADSL2+ and VDSL linies now) and then connect a router of you own choice. Nothing is needed for extra setup, just leave router on Ethernet under connection type.
    2. Get a router with build in DSL modem, most of the new ones can connect to all the mayor technologies listed in 1. and in this one you put in the VPI/VCI numbers and there you go :)

The problem with most of the equipment you get from a ISP is firmware locked to their own connections, so before you can use it on another ISP you first have to firmware flash it with a unbranded firmware. The Netgear VVG2000 router/modem i have from Fullrate is firmware flashed to only work on their own linies.

Workstation: CPU: Intel Core I5 3570 - MB: AsusTek P8Z77-V LX2 - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR3
    GFX: AMD 6850 1024Mb - Display: Dell U2412M 24" - HDD: Samsung 830SSD 128Gb - OS: Win 8 64bit

Server: CPU: AMD X2 240e - MB: AsusTek M4A785TD-V - RAM: 4Gb Kingston DDR3
    HDD: 8TB (6x2Tb Samsung F4EG i Raid 50) Adaptec 6805 PCIe - OS: Debian 6.0.6

Internet: Fullrate 50/10Mbit VDSL2

• I bought a NETGEAR DGND3300 adsl2+ modem with built in router, and today I switched to tdc, and received a Sagem Fast 3504 moden/router. I would like to use my own but I cannot connect using my NETGEAR. I've cloned the MAC adress from the SAGEM and entered 0/101 as VPI/VCI (Multiplex VC) but still nothing. IS there a helpfull soul, with some suggestions

• I bought a NETGEAR DGND3300 adsl2+ modem with built in router, and today I switched to tdc, and received a Sagem Fast 3504 moden/router. I would like to use my own but I cannot connect using my NETGEAR. I've cloned the MAC adress from the SAGEM and entered 0/101 as VPI/VCI (Multiplex VC) but still nothing. IS there a helpfull soul, with some suggestions

does the ADSL light flash at any point? if not try these settings (taken from my Netgear VVG2000)

Transfermode: PTM
    Multiplexing Method: LLC-Based
    VPI:_ 0
    VCI: 101
    VLANID: 101
    ATM Traffic Class: UBR
    PCR : 0
    SCR : 0
    MBS : 0

I cant find any documentation on what settings you have in that router - if you can post some screenshots of the ADSL settings from it.

Workstation: CPU: Intel Core I5 3570 - MB: AsusTek P8Z77-V LX2 - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR3
    GFX: AMD 6850 1024Mb - Display: Dell U2412M 24" - HDD: Samsung 830SSD 128Gb - OS: Win 8 64bit

• Hi again :)

I just gave up triyng to connect the Vodafone-Router with TDC.
    Problems i had:
    The Router does not accept PCR : 0 / SCR : 0 / MBS : 0. It always tells me to enter correct values. So I tried "1 / 1 /1" or the dafault values of "4000 / 4000 / 10". None of these worked. Another circumstance I noticed, is the transfermode. You wrote "PTM", but my router seems to use ATM by default wich is unchangeable.

Problems i had:
    The Router does not accept PCR : 0 / SCR : 0 / MBS : 0. It always tells me to enter correct values. So I tried "1 / 1 /1" or the dafault values of "4000 / 4000 / 10". None of these worked. Another circumstance I noticed, is the transfermode. You wrote "PTM", but my router seems to use ATM by default wich is unchangeable.

That the ATM is unchangeable seems to say that the router is ATM only, it needs to support Ethernet over DSL to work on a TDC linie. So I think you are out of luck with that Vodafone router. Transfer mode need to be "Eth" or "Ethernet", the "PTM" is only valid for Netgear routers with DSL modems in it.

Problems i had:

PCR/SCR/MBS isn't anything you should adjust leaving it at default should be just fine.
    He writes PTM cause he is on VDSL and your likely not, and that why your router says ATM cause that's the line code ADSL uses. If there isn't any way to adjust VPI/VCI then i am afraid you are not going to get it to work unless you get a stock firmware where you get access to all settings.

• Attached 4 screendumps of selected menu's frm my adsl/router. Should be OK with DCHP and automatic IP, but still no light at all in the DSL indicator. Do I need some information from my ISP (tdc) or some other firmware. I noticed after a factory reset that the language switched to german. Getting desperate here :cursing:

• Attached 4 screendumps of selected menu's frm my adsl/router. Should be OK with DCHP and automatic IP, but still no light at all in the DSL indicator. Do I need some information from my ISP (tdc) or some other firmware. I noticed after a factory reset that the language switched to german. Getting desperate here :cursing:

in the 2nd screenshot it shows "PPPoATM" that one should be changed to RFC1483 bridged" if that doesn't work try "RFC1483 routed" and "no" in the box "does your connection require a username/password"
    But again it could be a problem if the router has a custom firmware from last ISP on it. So if you can get the latest one from Netgear.com and try to flash it to a unbranded firmware.

• There is no 1483 possibilities, only PPPoE, PPPoA and some PPP client something. I have tried using NO, as I understand TDC does not require login, but still nothing. DGND3300 was bought "off the shelf" and should not be locked by previous ISP (as it is brand new) Could the german origin (german modem) be the problem. Do I have to MAC clone (using TDC sagem mac no in my Netgear)

• There is no 1483 possibilities, only PPPoE, PPPoA and some PPP client something. I have tried using NO, as I understand TDC does not require login, but still nothing. DGND3300 was bought "off the shelf" and should not be locked by previous ISP (as it is brand new) Could the german origin (german modem) be the problem. Do I have to MAC clone (using TDC sagem mac no in my Netgear)

If you dont't have any light in dsl your might be doing something wrong, might sound stupid but you have removed the motorola modem you got from TDC? and if yes have you tried removing any filters (if you have any) and connected it directly to the phone socket.

• Yes DGND3300 is placed directly from wall socket (as the old Siemens Speedstream 4100 from Telmore) without filters with RJ11 plug (Same plug that works instantly with Sagem modem/router) Can i somehow read ISP setting from Sagem, in order to copy info to Netgear. OR could Netgear be defect or impossible to use due to regional settings (German) and require firmware tweak ?

• Yes DGND3300 is placed directly from wall socket (as the old Siemens Speedstream 4100 from Telmore) without filters with RJ11 plug (Same plug that works instantly with Sagem modem/router) Can i somehow read ISP setting from Sagem, in order to copy info to Netgear. OR could Netgear be defect or impossible to use due to regional settings (German) and require firmware tweak ?

So you got a Home Box from TDC? if thats the case why dont you just use that?

• My Netgear is much more powerfull (covering my house) and have Readyshare USB for my external HD (and later a DUO-NAS) with all media, and DNLA ready. It came highly recommended (from a salesman from Netgear...figures) and I don't like the idea that I've just wasted 800 kr. ;(

• I think I've got the point. The Vodafone router has a RJ45 port for the DSL plug, the TDC has a RJ11 port. Seems as if I overlooked this all the times I changed the plugs between the routers in the attic :$

That would explain, why I never saw the DSL-Led do anything. And also it explains why none of the settings worked :D Till just now I thought it was because of false settings. That definitely tells me to install a better light in the attic :D

I took a photo of the equipment TDC sent me and I hope someone can tell me, what I have to do/buy/build now.
    Click me!

No. 1 is the standard german TAE-cable I got with the router. With RJ45 plug for the router.

No. 2 is ???
    Three connectors "into the wall" and downwards the RJ11 port for the RJ11/RJ11 cable to the TDC router.

No. 3 is again ???

So what can help me now? I could build a cable myself, but how has it to be configurated? If I'm not totally wrong, there have to be only two strands? I'm wondering why this did not work, the RJ45 also has only two strands...? I'm a bit confused now :wacko: